I was born and raised in France. Both my parents were high school and junior college teachers. All of my family still lives in France and I have lived in the Berkeley area since 1994. I speak French, Italian and English.
My hobbies include spending time with my husband Sam who is a loan broker with Pinnacle Capital Mortgage in Berkeley/Kensington and my daughters Elise and Audrey, traveling, skiing, playing tennis, hiking and backpacking. I grew up windsurfing in France every summer but I am not into California cold water! I did go surfing with my father-in-law Charlie in Santa Cruz and had a blast. Everyone knew I was a novice by my ecstatic screams after catching a wave!!
* Past president of the Board of Directors of BAARC (Bay Area Animal Rescue Coalition) for a while, did some animal rescue as well. I adopted my cats and dog from rescue.
* Past Chair for the Crime Prevention Committee with the city of El Cerrito.
* Past Committee member for Berkeley association of Realtors in the local government relations committee and Grievance committee (dealing with ethics issues among Realtors).
* Volunteer for environmental organizations.
* Jack of all trades volunteer at my daughters' school, Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley
* Earth Day Site coordinator with City of El Cerrito
I previously taught French at Bryn Mawr College, a women's college in Pennsylvania and also published a book named "World Affairs organizations in Northern California" with a non-profit organization called World Without War Council in Berkeley whose founder retired. It is my dream to buy a castle in the South of France where I grew up (French Riviera and currently Avignon) and travel around the world to new places.
I attribute my success in real estate to my professional and cultural experiences, cultivation of personal relationships and expansive knowledge of the real estate market. I combine personal attention, hard work, persistence and relentless enthusiasm. As your Realtor I expect to:
* offer you the highest level of service possible, to assume a leadership role in helping you, my clients, exceed your dreams,
* communicate honestly,
* encourage, assist, empower you, my clients.
I really love what I do and I believe my enthusiasm shines through in my work and how I treat my clients not as clients but as "friends" (you always give your friend a little extra) and I try to provide that little extra effort to all of my clients/friends.
PROFESSIONAL APPROACH TO REAL ESTATE
REFERRALS ARE MY BEST COMPLIMENT! I believe in building a relationship with my clients and I understand it takes time. I do not like to be pressured and thus will never pressure my clients in any way. Real Estate for most people is their biggest investment and the whole process is at least very emotional and somewhat stressful. My role is to first educate my clients and then help them buy or sell their dream home. I continually network with the best in the business to gain real estate market and industry knowledge so as to serve you best.
READ THIS *** I am a licensed California Realtor. I could represent sellers or buyers anywhere in California. However, I specialize in the East Bay real estate market (El Cerrito, Kensington, Albany, Berkeley, Richmond and surrounding communities) so if you are thinking of buying or selling a home outside the East Bay call me first and I will find you the best Realtor to represent you in that transaction at no cost to you! The benefit to you is that the referred agent will be involved with me and I will make sure that you receive stellar services from him/her the same way I would take care of your needs. That is part of my customer service. At the same time I will gladly accept your buyer and seller referrals from out of town people relocating to the East Bay. ***